X-Rays in Dentistry: The Dilemma is Real
I hear this all the time: clients decline to have x-rays taken due to possible cumulative radiation exposure.
I get it. But I also know several folks who choose not to have x-rays taken over at least a couple years and then when we see advanced disease in form of cavities, cysts, or any other oral condition, its fighting fire time.
What I suggest to all my clients is to start with having one set of x-rays taken annually along with the low dose CBCT scan. That way we will not miss anything obvious.
How Do I Protect Myself From X-Ray Radiation?
Our Bodies are amazing systems; God has it well equipped with the tools needed to combat what comes its way. If we protect our bodies and provide essential nutrients it is in a position to handle x-ray radiation exposure for all your dental visits.
X-Ray Protection Protocol
- Vitamin C-(Liposomal) – 500mg three times a day on an empty stomach
- Quercetin – 500mg three times a day
- Vitamin E succinate – 400 IU twice daily
- Niacinmide – 500mg daily
- Folate – 800 micrograms a day (make sure it is methyl folate)
- N-acetyl-L-Cysteine – 750mg a day
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid – 200mg twice a day
- Selenium – 200 micrograms a day
These supplements can be taken up to three weeks prior to your dental x-ray visit.
X-Ray-30c can be taken 5 pills under the tongue every two hours. Starting at least one day before your dental appointment.
Contact Dr. Mirkal and schedule a consultation for any questions.